Application deadline March 6, 2015
The Starke County Community Foundation has 30 scholarship funds available from which we awarded more than $55,000 in 2014. Scholarships can be used for tuition, books and academic fees, but not for room and board.
The scholarship reception for those receiving Starke County Community Foundation scholarships will be June 16th at 5:30 pm. Please put this date on your calendar, as we strongly encourage our recipients to attend!
HOW TO APPLY:
Our new online application is now available. The deadline for the application, all required attachments and recommendation forms is March 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
- Before you apply, gather all required documents. The following documents must be uploaded to your application and formatted as a .pdf with the exception of the photo which must be formatted as a jpg.
- FAFSA Student Aid Report which must include your name and Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number
- A high quality photo of yourself from your shoulders up. Your junior yearbook photo works great!
- References: Some scholarships will require recommendations. Think about who you might ask. Ask them for their permission to list their names and email addresses as a reference. If needed, they will receive an email request asking them to complete an online recommendation form. Please note that we DO NOT accept recommendation letters. Certain scholarships may require more than 2 references.
- Start Early! Begin filling out your application early, including inputting names and email addresses for your references. By doing so, you give your references ample time to submit a recommendation form on your behalf. If you wait until the deadline or near the deadline, your references may not be able to get their recommendation submitted in time which will make your application incomplete.
- Keep record of your work, community service and extracurricular activities. Your ability to demonstrate that you have invested your time wisely and for the benefit of others is meaningful to scholarship committees.
- Spend time on your essays. These are what can set you apart from others and gives insight to the scholarship committee about you!
- Follow deadlines.
- FAFSA: March 10, 2015
- Traditional & Non-Traditional Scholarship Applications: March 6, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
- Visit www.indianacollegecosts.org to explore college cost, get help understanding financial aid, and search for additional scholarship opportunities.
QUESTIONS? Contact Alison Heyde, the Northern Indiana Community Foundation scholarship coordinator at 574-223-2227 or toll free at 877-432-6423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
If you need help scanning in documents, click How To Upload Required Attachments. If you need additional help, we are happy to provide this service free of charge during our office hours, M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Your guidance office or public library may also offer this service.