Deadline is January 24, 2014.
|Stefanie Schwab, a 2009 Lilly Endowment Community Scholar from North Judson-San Pierre High School and 2013 graduate of St Mary’s College.
The Starke County Community Foundation Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship applications are available from the guidance offices of local high schools. The application deadline is January 24, 2014.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program offers a 4-year full-tuition scholarship to one local high school senior who will begin their college career in the fall of 2013. The recipient must intend to be full time student and pursue a baccalaureate degree at any accredited public or private Indiana college or university.
Applications, criteria and scoring processes are set by the Starke County Community Foundation Scholarship Committee and approved by Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI). The Scholarship Committee will select the nominee and alternates to receive the scholarship and send those nominations to ICI where a separate, statewide panel makes the final selection. The final panel decision is in accordance with the criteria and procedures consistent with the overall goals of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program.
The program is made possible through funds from Lilly Endowment Inc. For the 2014 “class,” each community foundation is eligible to nominate at least one recipient for the full-time scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship applicants must be current Starke County residents and a high school senior graduating by the end of June 2014 with a diploma from an accredited Indiana high school.
The award is based primarily on the following criteria: academic performance, service in community, work and school as well as application essays. A personal interview will also weigh significantly in the committee's selection process.
For more information contact your guidance department or the Northern Indiana Community Foundation office at 574-223-2227 or toll free at 1-877-432-6423.
2014 LECS Scholarship Application
2014 LECS Scholarship Application
Applications for 2014 will be available after December 17th 2013.
We are going to an paperless application this year. You can throw away your pens and pencils and complete the application online!
- Alt man Family Scholarship - NJ-SP seniors pursing a 2, 4 or trade school education.
- Brooklyn A. Boo Scholarship - Graduating from North Judson San Pierre High pursuing an education in the medical field.
- LaVergne M. Brown and Lois L. Spenner Educational Scholarship - Graduating from North Judson San Pierre High pursing a degree in the field of education.
- Helen and Ware Edgar Scholarship - Graduating senior from any public high school in Starke County Indiana who plans to pursue a career in journalism.
- Richard H. Gumz Agricultural Scholarship - Graduating from any Starke County HS enrolled at Purdue University in the study of agricultural or related field.
- Hamblin Scholarship In Honor Of Eleanor G. Hamblin - Graduating Knox High School students or those who have graduated from Knox High School within the previous five years or nontraditional students.
- Ed Hasnerl/WKVI Scholarship - Graduating high school senior and Starke County resident with an interest in the study of communications or media-related subjects.
- Nella Kersting Memorial Scholarship - Graduating from North Judson San Pierre High who plans to pursue a degree in the arts, but all students are encouraged to apply.
- Knox VFW Post 748 Men's Auxiliary Scholarship: Three $500 scholarships are awarded to one graduating student from each Knox, North Judson-San Pierre and Oregon Davis High Schools. You do not need to have family who are members of the Knox VFW Post 748.
- Clarence Lawrence Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors of North Judson San Pierre, Knox or Oregon-Davis High who plan to study Agriculture or a Business field.
- James and Carris Lucas Scholarship - Graduating seniors from Knox High School pursuing a degree in
- Ken Lucas Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors of North Judson San Pierre High. Preference to Math Ed. majors. 2nd preference for math related field studies.
- Physicians Hospital System Visionary Scholarship - A scholarship giving to one Starke County and one Marshall County graduating senior pursuing a degree in a health care related field.
- Runkle Family Scholarship - Knox High School graduates who have graduated from Knox High School within the previous 5 years or nontraditional students.
- Megan Elytha Jean Sahlhoff Music Scholarship - Graduating senior of North Judson San Pierre High pursing a career with a major or minor in music or related field.
- Dorothy Johnson Shei Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Knox High School.
- Winifred J. Simpkins/Spirit of Nursing Scholarship - Starke County residents and Indiana high school graduate enrolled in an Indiana accredited RN Nursing Program.
- Starke Memorial Hospital and Medical Staff Health Occupation/Medical Education Scholarship - Starke County resident pursuing a career in a health-related field.
- Steve L. Toth and Donna M. Toth Family Fund Scholarship - Graduating senior at Oregon Davis High School.
- Christine and David VanVactor Scholarship - Knox, Oregon-Davis High and non-traditional students. Preference given to those pursuing a degree in Construction Management or building trades.
- 1897 Charley Vorm Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors of North Judson San Pierre High attending Indiana State University.
- Forrest and Helen Whitson Scholarship - Ssophomore or higher students attending Purdue University in the School of Engineering, Agriculture or Consumer and Family Living (Family Sciences).
- Robert O. and Doris E. Winters Scholarship - Graduating seniors from Knox Community High School.
- Carl and Josephine Wozniak Scholarship Fund - Graduating seniors from Oregon Davis students who are
accepted into and plan to attend Purdue University.