Deadline is January 7, 2014.
| Nathan Baker, a 2009 Lilly Endowment Community Scholar from Rochester High School and 2013 graduate of Taylor University. Nathan is currently the Admissions Communication and Enrollment Data Manager at Taylor University.
The Fulton County Community Foundation Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship applications are now available and online at nicf.org. The application deadline is January 7, 2014.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program offers a 4-year full-tuition scholarship to one local high school senior who will begin their college career in the fall of 2014. The recipient must intend to be full time student and pursue a baccalaureate degree at any accredited public or private Indiana college or university.
Applications, criteria and scoring processes are set by the Fulton County Community Foundation Scholarship Committee and approved by Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI). The Scholarship Committee will select the nominee and alternates to receive the scholarship and send those nominations to ICI where a separate, statewide panel makes the final selection. The final panel decision is in accordance with the criteria and procedures consistent with the overall goals of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program.
The program is made possible through funds from Lilly Endowment Inc. For the 2014 “class,” each community foundation is eligible to nominate at least one recipient for the full-time scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship applicants must be current Fulton County residents and have lived in the county for a period of at least three continuous years prior to graduation. They must also be a high school senior graduating by the end of June 2014 with a diploma from an accredited Indiana high school.
The award is based primarily on the following criteria: academic performance, service in community, work and school as well as application essays. A personal interview will also weigh significantly in the committee's selection process.
For more information contact your guidance department or the Northern Indiana Community Foundation office at 574-223-2227 or toll free at 1-877-432-6423.
2014 LECS Scholarship Application
2014 LECS Scholarship Application
Applications for 2014 will be available after December 17th 2013.
We are going to an paperless application this year. You can throw away your pens and pencils and complete the application online!
- Akron Las Donas Marcus Hackworth & Scott Sechrist Memorial Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of Tippecanoe Valley High. 8.0 GPA and participated in a sport.
- Paul and Dorothy Arven Memorial Scholarship: Residents of Fulton County. Must be seeking a degree in Agriculture or Nursing.
- Jim Barkman Memorial Scholarship - Graduating from Rochester High and attended Riddle Elementary.
- Brent L. Blacketor Memorial Scholarship - Graduates of Rochester Community High School. Demonstrates academic ability, leadership activities; service to community or church; good character and citizenship; financial need; probability of success.
- Caston High School Scholarship - Graduating from Caston High School with an emphasis on those who attended for a period of 4 continuous years.
- Zelma Crabill-Helen and
Carl Wilson Scholarship - Graduating from Rochester High. Preference given to those pursuing health care or agriculture degrees.
- The W.D. Cumberland 4-H Scholarship - Graduating from Rochester, Tippecanoe Valley, Caston or Winamac High Schools and lifelong residents of Fulton County. Involved in 4-H as a 9 to 10 year 4-H Member; and a 4 year Beef Member, a 4 year Livestock Member or 4 year Jr. Leader.
- Simon Deeb Scholarship - Graduating seniors from Rochester High School who are continuing their education in agriculture working toward a four-year, two-year or a short course degree.
- Amanda Drudge Memorial Scholarship - Graduating from North Miami, Rochester, Tippecanoe Valley High Schools, home or private school students in the Fulton or Miami County pursuing a degree in Christian ministry, nursing, education or social services.
- The RB Fear Agricultural Scholarship - Graduating senior and Fulton County resident attending Purdue University with preference given to those perusing agricultural studies.
- Frounfelter Scholarship - Graduating Rochester High School in top 20% if their class and B average. Those with a “full-ride” scholarship are not considered.
- Melissa Hoffman Gamel Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester High School. Interest in the study of engineering and technology.
- Earl Gaerte - Blacktop Cruisers Scholarship: Residents of Fulton County entering the automotive technology field.
- Jayne Ann Good Memorial Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of Rochester High School. Preference to female students who have participated in a high school sport.
- Roy Haggerty Memorial Scholarship - Residents of Fulton County. Must be full-time students at Indiana University Bloomington or one of the Indiana University campuses. For medical students, this means the IUPUI campus.
Harris & Beulah
P. Harris Scholarship - Residents of Union Township (Caston, Winamac and Rochester High Schools) in Fulton County.
- Franklin and Jane Heisler
and David Heisler Memorial Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of Rochester High School planning to attend an accredited college, university, trade or vocational school in Indiana including online programs/studies. No minimum GPA required.
- Patricia Kumler Hoover Nursing
Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Tippecanoe Valley High School pursuing a career in an RN, BSN, ASN or LVN program.
- Mark Howdeshell Memorial
Scholarship - Resident of Fulton County at least 3 years and attend a 4 year college or university in Indiana. Preference given to students who plan to study engineering or a medical field and 1st generation students. 21st Century Scholars/Lilly Endowment Community Scholars are ineligible to receive the scholarship.
- Angele J. Kochenderfer Memorial
Scholarship - For hearing impaired students or those who plan a career in the field of educating the hearing-impaired. Graduating senior of Rochester High School.
- Kewanna Schools Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester, Caston or Winamac high school. Preference will be given to Union Township residents.
- MCCF Claude S. and Marie
M. Berger Foundation, Inc. Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of North Miamior Tippecanoe Valley High School with a “B” average or above.
- Steven Bruce Mattice Memorial
Scholarship - Graduating Seniors from Caston High School attending an accredited college, university or vocational school.
- Colleen May Memorial Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of Caston High School pursuing a degree in the field of elementary education. Although not required, students who participate in the golf program will be given preference.
- Harold E. and Neva Funk
Mikesell Scholarship - Residents of Aubbeenaubbee, Wayne, Liberty, Rochester, and Union Townships in Fulton County graduating from a public high school. Five scholarships are given, one from each townships listed.
- Jayson McCalla Memorial
Scholarship - Fulton County resident and graduating high school senior. Participation in baseball is given some preference.
- David Ewing McCarter Athletic Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester High School who have participated in a minimum of 2 sports for 4 years. Those who have participated in FCA given some preference. Can be planning to attend either a 2 or 4 year college or university.
- Coach John Robert McKee Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester High School who participated in RHS Football or RHS Wrestling.
- John R. Nelson Memorial Scholarship - Residents of Aubbeenaubbee Township or Rochester Township, graduating from Culver Community or Rochester High School continuing their secondary education in the field of education and teaching.
- Nick Patterson Scholarship - Current graduates of Rochester High School who have participated in and competed in 1 varsity sport their senior year.
- Greg Peter Memorial Fund: Graduate of Rochester High School pursing a degree in the arts and/or HVAC education at an accredited college, university, trade or vocational school.
- Amanda Kay Ramsey Memorial Scholarship - Residents of Fulton County majoring in radiology therapy, respiratory or cardiopulmonary therapy or nursing.
- Rochester Firefighters’ Memorial Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of Rochester High. Special consideration given if a child of an individual who has been a “Public Service Employee” for 1 or more years. Those with full-ride scholarships are ineligible.
- Nelson W. Sadler Memorial Ag Scholarship - Graduating Seniors of Rochester, Caston or Pioneer High School Seniors, pursing an education in an agricultural related field at a college, university or trade school.
- George M. Schwenk Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester High School pursuing a career in the field of agriculture or an agriculture-related field.
- Lawrence J & Violet
M. Seiwert Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester High School for 4 continuous years prior to graduation and have a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Union Township Scholarship - Graduating seniors of Rochester, Caston or Winamac High Schools and Union Township residents continuously for at least 2 years.
- Arlene Webb Cosmetology School Scholarship - Residents of Fulton County pursuing a degree in the field of cosmetology.
- Dr. Russell L. and Pauline Whittenberger Sparks Memorial Scholarship - Graduating seniors who have attended RHS at least 2 years and plan to attend an accredited college of arts and sciences in pursuit of a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.