Application deadline March 6, 2015
The Fulton County Community Foundation has 50 scholarship funds available from which we awarded more than $137,575 in 2014. Scholarships can be used for tuition, books and academic fees, but not for room and board. (Find the Ginger Miller Higher Ed and Rakestraw Law applications at the bottom of this page)
HOW TO APPLY:
Our new online application is now available. The deadline for the application, all required attachments and recommendation forms is March 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
- Before you apply, gather all required documents. The following documents must be uploaded to your application and formatted as a .pdf with the exception of the photo which must be formatted as a jpg.
- FAFSA Student Aid Report which must include your name and Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number
- A high quality photo of yourself from your shoulders up. Your junior yearbook photo works great!
- References: Some scholarships will require recommendations. Think about who you might ask. Ask them for their permission to list their names and email addresses as a reference. If needed, they will receive an email request asking them to complete an online recommendation form. Please note that we DO NOT accept recommendation letters. Certain scholarships may require more than 2 references.
- Start Early! Begin filling out your application early, including inputting names and email addresses for your references. By doing so, you give your references ample time to submit a recommendation form on your behalf. If you wait until the deadline or near the deadline, your references may not be able to get their recommendation submitted in time which will make your application incomplete.
- Keep record of your work, community service and extracurricular activities. Your ability to demonstrate that you have invested your time wisely and for the benefit of others is meaningful to scholarship committees.
- Spend time on your essays. These are what can set you apart from others and gives insight to the scholarship committee about you!
- Follow deadlines.
- FAFSA: March 10, 2015
- Traditional & Non-Traditional Scholarship Applications: March 6, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
- Visit www.indianacollegecosts.org to explore college cost, get help understanding financial aid, and search for additional scholarship opportunities.
QUESTIONS? Contact Alison Heyde, the Northern Indiana Community Foundation scholarship coordinator at 574-223-2227 or toll free at 877-432-6423 or email@example.com.
Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
If you need help scanning in documents, click How To Upload Required Attachments. If you need additional help, we are happy to provide this service free of charge during our office hours, M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Your guidance office or public library may also offer this service.
Graduate School Scholarships for 2015
Students who are accepted into law school or a graduate program may apply for the Ginger Miller Higher Education Scholarship or the Frederick Rakestraw Law Scholarship. The deadline for these graduate school scholarships is July 1st 2015.
provides scholarships for qualified college graduates pursuing graduate or professional school degrees. Ginger Miller had a love of education and shared this passion with others throughout her life. This scholarship was created to celebrate spirit of community and education.
1. Must be a resident of Fulton County, Indiana
2. Must be accepted into a postgraduate studies program
3. Must have graduated from college with a Cumulative GPA of a “B” or Higher and must currently have a Cumulative GPA of a “B” or higher if currently a graduate or doctorate student.
4. Must show financial need
Download the application:
Ginger Miller High Education Scholarship application (.pdf)
Ginger Miller High Education Scholarship application (.doc)
was created to provide scholarships for qualified college graduates pursuing a Degree in Law, who were residents of Fulton County Indiana for at least three (3) years during his/her high school career (Grades 9-12), who have been accepted into a graduate school program and are enrolled in any School of Law in the United States.
1. Musth ave been a resident of Fulton County Indiana for at least three (3) years during his/her high school career (Grades 9-12)
2. Must be accepted into any School of Law in the United States
Download the application:
Frederick Rakestraw Law Scholarship application (.pdf)
Frederick Rakestraw Law Scholarship application (.doc)